Friday, February 21, 2014

I Have Nothing to Hide

When some people are asked about how private they keep their life on social media they respond with "I have nothing to hide." This is very untrue with all of the technology that we have now a days. Everyone should be concerned with how private they keep things on the Internet because once it is there, it is there forever. I recently learned that even if you "delete" something that it is still there forever and can be dug up with a little bit of work. People also don't understand that the government has access to everything. After finding that out in the video we watched in class, I went back and looked at my privacy settings to make sure I was keeping all my personal information hidden from people I didn't want seeing it. The government has all the technology to save almost everything you've done on social media which is wrong. The government going through our personal lives on social media and tracing what we search on google is also a violation of the fourth amendment. The government doesn't get permission to go through our lives on social media and trace everything we have done and everywhere we have been. I keep a lot of my personal information, such as bank and other personal numbers on my phone. The fact the government and other hackers can hack into our system even though they are private is unfair. We didn't give anyone permission to look through our personal lives, thus violating the fourth amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment